The Dean, Academic Operations provides academic leadership for assigned locations and is the essential academic link between students, faculty, and administration. The colleague in this position is responsible for providing strong dynamic leadership, an operational leader of academics, who encourages teaching and learning excellence through oversight of critical academic and operational activities. This leader actively participates on the regional leadership team, the provost’s leadership team, as well as working closely with the vice president of accreditation to support accreditation and licensing needs
- Provide oversight and is accountable for all faculty hiring, onboarding and class scheduling, including appropriate support and resources
- Conduct needs assessments to design, implement and assess a comprehensive program of faculty development to assist faculty at all career stages
- Implement faculty development workshops, programs (including online) to improve teaching and learning
- Create a culture of teaching and learning excellence that embraces measurement of outcomes to ensure achievement of milestone and competencies
- Lead onsite and remote colleagues and faculty within region, including attracting, retaining, and managing performance
- Accountable for academic outcomes for programs and locations within region
- Ensure and lead location participation in self-evaluations, accreditation/state visits, programmatic accreditation reports, licensing reports and audits, as required
- Manage multiple locations ensuring student-centric processes deliver exceptional service to students
- Ensure students are provided academic support services to maintain the highest level of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process
- Provide oversight and leadership for development of student advising, appeals, and student progression.
-25-50% travel required
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in higher education in healthcare, management, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience at management level (academic management experience preferred)
- Familiar with accreditation standards and acceptable higher education practices
- Multi-site operations experience preferred
- Experience in a regulated environment preferred
- Strong leadership skills and record of demonstrated achievement
- Record of progressively increasing supervisory experience
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
Preferred prior experiences:
- Established ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty, and student body
- Aptitude to excel in a demanding, outcome-oriented, and dynamic work environment
- Evidence of the use of digital technology in higher education
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
Carrington College provides postsecondary education in the western region of the United States. With more than 100,000 graduates, we’re committed to giving our students the tools they need to succeed. We offer high-quality, career-oriented health care programs with both online and on ground education options. Carrington College’s broad range of specialized Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree programs combine clinical training, theoretical classroom exercises, technology-based simulations and real patient interaction to prepare students for success in the real world. Our programs are delivered in a focused, professional and progressive environment by supportive faculty who serve not only as educators, but as coaches and mentors. For decades, Carrington College has been a source of qualified graduates for the health care industry.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer our colleagues a wide range of benefits. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals for the future. If you’re ready to join an institution like ours, we’d love you to apply!