The DCE/ACCE holds a faculty (academic or clinical) appointment and has administrative, academic, service, and scholarship responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Physical Therapist Assistant program. This individual demonstrates competence in clinical education, teaching, and curriculum development. In addition, the DCE/ACCE primary responsibilities are to plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer, and monitor activities on behalf of the academic program and in coordination with academic and clinical faculty. The DCE/ACCE also will have teaching responsibilities within the PTA curriculum in addition to the curriculum devised for the clinical rotations.
The ACCE is responsible for coordinating and managing the efforts of the academic program and clinical education sites in the education and preparation of PTA students by performing the following activities
- Communicates Between the Academic Institution and Affiliated Clinical Education Sites
- Communicates news, and current information (e.g., curriculum, clinical education objectives, staffing changes, and site availability) among all concerned stakeholders (e.g., the academic institution, clinical education sites, clinical faculty and students) to maintain current knowledge of the educational program, the clinical education site, and health care changes affecting clinical practice and education.
- Provides ongoing communication of information with clinical educators at each clinical education site to include:
- Philosophy and curriculum of the academic program
- Provision of dates for each clinical education experience
- Clinical faculty development opportunities including educational seminars and faculty availability as a resource in their areas of expertise
- Performs academic responsibilities consistent with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), and with institutional policy.
- Coordinates and teaches clinical education courses and other related course content based on areas of content and clinical expertise.
-Participates in academic program meetings, institutional governance, and/or community service activities as appropriate to the mission of the academic institution.
- Assists the Program Director in the development of a program budget by providing input on items related to the clinical education program and overall program budget.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains an adequate number of clinical education sites relative to quality, quantity and diversity of learning experiences (i.e., continuum of care, commonly seen diagnoses, across the lifespan, health care delivery systems, payers, cultural competence issues) to meet the educational needs of students and the academic program, the philosophy and outcomes of the program, and evaluative criteria set by CAPTE.
- Provides clinical education site development opportunities through ongoing evaluation and assessment of strengths and areas needing further development or action (e.g., in service training, discontinue student placements).
- Collaborates with clinical faculty to promote, coordinate, plan, and provide clinical faculty development opportunities using effective instructional methodologies and technologies.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
Carrington College provides postsecondary education in the western region of the United States. With more than 100,000 graduates, we’re committed to giving our students the tools they need to succeed. We offer high-quality, career-oriented health care programs with both online and on ground education options. Carrington College’s broad range of specialized Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree programs combine clinical training, theoretical classroom exercises, technology-based simulations and real patient interaction to prepare students for success in the real world. Our programs are delivered in a focused, professional and progressive environment by supportive faculty who serve not only as educators, but as coaches and mentors. For decades, Carrington College has been a source of qualified graduates for the health care industry.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer our colleagues a wide range of benefits. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals for the future. If you’re ready to join an institution like ours, we’d love you to apply!
Carrington College is part of DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services. For more information about DeVry Education Group, visit www.devryeducationgroup.com.