The position is responsible for providing leadership for development and effective management of designated pre-licensure campus nursing programs. The responsibilities include but are not limited to facilitating curriculum evaluation, revisions and development; participating in planning course development; support of the College Assessment Plan through program delivery; planning and evaluation of faculty development and academic work to support student outcomes. These responsibilities are performed through the supervision of faculty and practicum coordinators. Participates in development of analyses and reports on nursing program performance.
- Collaboratively develops plans for curricula for new programs, tracks and degrees, while assessing new and existing curricula for alignment with external standards and requirements.
- Develops and executes action plans to maintain program accreditation and improve student success in obtaining licensure.
- Responsible for report metrics on student achievement of learning outcomes as well as participating in assigned course development activity and provide review of related materials.
- Collaborate with internal resources to create a model for identifying, implementing and evaluating practicum sites for clinical placements.
- Assist with selection and orientation of faculty as requested, is responsible for assuring development of faculty orientation plans. Provides guidance to nursing program directors to ensure appropriate orientation and mentoring of new faculty.
- Attends various committee meetings in an ex-officio role and provides input for policy development that impacts nursing program outcomes.
- Provides input into the annual budget. Is accountable for assuring implementation and evaluation of individual faculty annual development funds. Monitors and reports faculty scholarship, outcomes and related cost.
- Performs the functions of the national program dean in his/her absence
-Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Master of Science in nursing required
- Current unencumbered registered nurse license required
- 3 years teaching experience at undergraduate levels
- Experience in classroom and clinical teaching; demonstrated proficiency with student education and academic program regulations required
- Experience in higher education and/or healthcare administration preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with curriculum management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clinical experience within the past 5 years preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a variety of applications for student learning
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
Carrington College provides postsecondary education in the western region of the United States. With more than 100,000 graduates, we’re committed to giving our students the tools they need to succeed. We offer high-quality, career-oriented health care programs with both online and on ground education options. Carrington College’s broad range of specialized Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree programs combine clinical training, theoretical classroom exercises, technology-based simulations and real patient interaction to prepare students for success in the real world. Our programs are delivered in a focused, professional and progressive environment by supportive faculty who serve not only as educators, but as coaches and mentors. For decades, Carrington College has been a source of qualified graduates for the health care industry.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer our colleagues a wide range of benefits. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals for the future. If you’re ready to join an institution like ours, we’d love you to apply!