The Assistant Dean of Academic Excellence is responsible for academic, service and operational excellence at the campus level, promoting high quality teaching and learning, service ethic and campus image. This leader ensures effective communication, carry through and colleague engagement of the College mission and vision. Primary duties include responsibility for overall management of campus academic operations, faculty management and development, implementing high-quality curriculum and instructional delivery systems, and outcomes assessment. The Assistant Dean of Academic Excellence reports to the Dean of Academic Operations and serves as the central point of contact for campus communication and image, both internal and external and is responsible for fostering a positive and innovative environment.
-Responsible for overall academic and operational management, external relations and communications for the campus, including third party interactions
-Responsibility to furthering the vision of the College in modernizing service and learning models, and enhancing positive communication throughout the campus environment.
- Provides leadership to the faculty, which enables them to achieve the stated goals of the campus that are consistent with student success.
- Manages and ensures training and development of faculty and staff.
- Assists Dean of Academic Operations in oversight of academic operations.
- Responsible for oversight of campus library and Academic Support Center and related services.
-Implements applications and practitioner-oriented curriculum and instructional delivery systems.
-Assures that curricula are delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning.
-Provides and promotes a culture of service excellence to students and colleagues.
-Ensures adherence to the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Carrington College.
- Ensures and leads active academic participation in self-evaluations, annual reports, team visits, accreditation/licensing reports and audits, as required.
- Ensures the academic department conforms to all faculty and academic policies.
- Works closely with academic deans to support successful implementation of college/program objectives.
- Participates in Carrington College meetings, projects and committees as needed.
-Completes other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience at management level (academic management experience preferred.
-Master’s degree preferred, Bachelors degree required.
-Demonstrated success related higher education administrative experience.
- Higher education teaching experience, preferably in multiple modalities
- Supervisory and faculty management experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with business software and learning technologies.
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong and effective customer service skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
Carrington College provides postsecondary education in the western region of the United States. With more than 100,000 graduates, we’re committed to giving our students the tools they need to succeed. We offer high-quality, career-oriented health care programs with both online and on ground education options. Carrington College’s broad range of specialized Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree programs combine clinical training, theoretical classroom exercises, technology-based simulations and real patient interaction to prepare students for success in the real world. Our programs are delivered in a focused, professional and progressive environment by supportive faculty who serve not only as educators, but as coaches and mentors. For decades, Carrington College has been a source of qualified graduates for the health care industry.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer our colleagues a wide range of benefits. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals for the future. If you’re ready to join an institution like ours, we’d love you to apply!