The position plans, designs, and implements the services of the College Student Success Center (SSC), developing and implementing an academic support program for students including providing academic tutoring, guidance and support and management of Academic Coaches. The Student Success Center Manager is responsible for escalating issues to the Dean of Academic Operations. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that the assigned campus fully complies with all laws, regulations, accreditation standards and college policies.
· Supervises, hires, and evaluates performance of academic coaches.
· Stays abreast of best practices for student retention and works closely with faculty, and other staff in implementing, evaluating, and improving retention strategies.
· Partners with all campus departments to assess, plan, and address student academic support and tutoring needs.
· Provides oversight of campus outreach and retention efforts supporting the service of at-risk students.
· Organizes and facilitate student workshops on topics such as study skills, APA writing, learning styles, scholarly research, study techniques, text anxiety, time-management, etc..
· Oversees and maintain campus library; including cataloging, new acquisitions, collection development and ordering. Collaborate with College librarian and campus community to ensure the campus library is fully maintained.
· Assesses learning needs of individual students and develops a plan of instruction based on assessment results.
· Provides academic tutoring and intervention strategies to students.
· Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of college programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to students.
· Works to improve the quality and quantity of services offered.
· Executes operational policies and procedures to improve academic and administrative functions.
· Provides leadership with safety and security, Incident Commander, work for the location.
Completes other duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree required.
· Three years experience in an academic environment providing classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support recommended.
· Experience managing day-to-day activities in an academic department preferred, including program development and supervision of service providers
· Member of college Reading and Learning Association and the National Tutoring Association preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational, problem-solving, planning and critical thinking skills
Proficiency with MS Office computer applications
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
Carrington College provides postsecondary education in the western region of the United States. With more than 100,000 graduates, we’re committed to giving our students the tools they need to succeed. We offer high-quality, career-oriented health care programs with both online and on ground education options. Carrington College’s broad range of specialized Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree programs combine clinical training, theoretical classroom exercises, technology-based simulations and real patient interaction to prepare students for success in the real world. Our programs are delivered in a focused, professional and progressive environment by supportive faculty who serve not only as educators, but as coaches and mentors. For decades, Carrington College has been a source of qualified graduates for the health care industry.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer our colleagues a wide range of benefits. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals for the future. If you’re ready to join an institution like ours, we’d love you to apply!